North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) is keen to support town and parish councils, community groups and organisations.
Since the Fund started in 2012 NNDC has awarded over £1,458,996 to 192 to community projects.
NNDC's Big Society Fund offers grants of up to £15,000 to voluntary and community organisations based within north Norfolk; including town and parish councils, and has been set up to help build strong communities across the district.
The Big Society Grant Fund Panel is a politically balanced group made up of 7 elected members selected by Full Council. The Panel meets four times a year; June, September, December and March. The outcome of grant applications are determined by the panel and reported to the NNDC Cabinet through the Minutes of the Meeting.
Who can apply?
The Fund is available for projects that support people and activities within the North Norfolk District geographical area, for example:
- Local voluntary organisations, charities (whether registered or not) and community groups
- Parish and Town Councils within north Norfolk
- Larger regional or national charities or organisations if the funding is to deliver a specific project in north Norfolk
- Community businesses, social enterprises and other not-for profit organisations
Before you apply
- Read through the Big Society Fund Prospectus to ensure that your organisation meets the criteria to apply to the Fund and, that what the funding would be used for meets the funding criteria
- Contact Sonia Shuter on 01263 516173 to discuss your potential application.
Making an application
Once it has been confirmed your application meets both sets of criteria,
- Download and complete the North Norfolk Big Society Application Form using the guidance notes to help you.
* Note - Section Six - Declaration must have an original signature.
- Download the North Norfolk Big Society Independent Referee form and ask someone who is familiar with and has knowledge of the project to complete it. An original signature is also required on this form.
- Lastly, download the North Norfolk Big Society Supporting Documentation Checklist, gather together all the requested documentation ensuring quotes are on company headed paper; no email quotes will be accepted.
- North Norfolk Big Society Fund Prospectus
- North Norfolk Big Society Fund Application form
- North Norfolk Big Society Guidance notes
- North Norfolk Big Society Fund Independent Referee Form
- North Norfolk Big Society Supporting Documentation Checklist
Once all supporting documentation has been collated please submit your completed application to
- Electronically- firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post - Sharon Garth, Big Society Fund, Community Support, North Norfolk District Council, Holt Road, Cromer, Norfolk NR27 9EN.
Only applications which are fully completed, signed and are accompanied by all supporting documentation that are received by the date below will be accepted.
If you would like a hard copy of the application pack please contact us using the details above or phoning 01263 516248
Applications can be made to the Fund at any time.
Applications to go to the 4th September 2017 Big Society Fund Grant Panel will need to reach us by the 7th August 2017.
Applicants will be informed of the Panel’s decision within a week of the grant panel meeting.
BSF grant awards in June 2017 were awarded to
- Baconsthorpe Village Hall (£6,466.00) - To install a fire alarm system, replace kitchen and bar area flooring and purchase blackout window blinds in the village hall.
- North Walsham Community Association (£4,600.00) - To purchase and install 6 new windows in the main hall and replace external cladding of North Walsham Community Centre.
- East Ruston Parish Council (£2,060.00) - To install a TROD (A low-cost footpath using unbound material instead of asphalt) between East Ruston Infants School and the Village Hall.
- Sheringham Dementia Friendly Community (£950.80) - To print leaflets, posters and the local directory of support services sessions to raise the level of understanding of Dementia in the community and to purchase games and equipment for activity.
- Walsingham Development Group (£4,465.30) - To purchase signs and way-marks for the 5 permissive routes, 6 x A3 'Keep Walsingham Litter Free' signs and 10 x A4 signed maps for walks to help promote Walsingham village as a walking and visitor destination.
- Sheringham Playpark Revamp (£10,000.00) - To purchase a bespoke piece of play equipment – a Viking Ship, which will allow less abled children to play with those children who are more able bodied.
- Stibbard Parish Council (£15,000.00) - To remove and replace the old and condemned play equipment and to extend and improve the playing field incorporating a football area.
- West Runton Bowls Club (£1,989.90) - To purchase a composting toilet to be used as the male facilities.
Wells Town Football Club (£4,500.00) - To completely refurbish the showers in one of the changing rooms in Wells Town Football Club Clubhouse.