Bank Holiday Monday
Please be aware the Council offices will be closed for the Bank Holiday Monday on May 29th and will reopen on Tuesday, May 30th
Contact us to report dead animals obstructing the road
You can report any dead animals you find on the road to the council. This includes wild animals like deer, badgers and foxes.
NNDC does not collect dead domestic animals (cats or dogs), smaller wild animals such as rabbits and pheasants, or animals which are on private land such as a garden or woodland.
Information we will need from you when reporting a dead animal:
- your full name
- your full address including your postcode
- your home telephone number and a number which we can contact you on during normal office hours if this is different
- your email address (if applicable)
- how you would like us to respond to you
- the type of animal and its location.
You must stop and report the accident to the police if you hit any:
- cattle, e.g. cows
- donkeys and mules
You must do this as quickly as you can, whether the animal is killed or not.