Neighbourhood Areas are formally designated areas within the District within which Neighbourhood Planning can be undertaken.
The parishes that have applied to designate a neighbourhood area and produce a Neighbourhood Plan are listed below. Select the plan of your interest in order to view progress and all associated documents.
- Corpusty & Saxthorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- Happisburgh Neighbourhood Plan
- Holt Neighbourhood Plan
- Overstrand Neighbourhood Plan
- Ryburgh Neighbourhood Plan
Applying for designation of a Neighbourhood Area
Neighbourhood Areas are designated by the District Council upon application by a local Parish or Town Council. The designation of an area enables the Parish or Town Council to prepare Neighbourhood Plans or Orders which may contain policies and proposals relating to the development or protection of land.
Applications for the designation of a Neighbourhood Area must include all of the following:
- A map identifying the area to which the application relates
- A statement explaining why the area is considered appropriate to be designated as a Neighbourhood Area
- A statement that the organisation or body making the area application is a relevant body (e.g a Parish Council or a body designated or capable of being a Neighbourhood Forum)
An application form can be downloaded below:
Please return to: Planning Policy Team, North Norfolk District Council, Holt Road, Cromer, NR27 9EN or by email to email@example.com
Applications received for Neighbourhood Areas
North Norfolk District Council has received an application seeking to designate the parish of Ryburgh as a Neighbourhood Area.
Comments are invited as part of a 4-week consultation commencing Monday 27 February and ending Monday 27 March 2017.
Any comments should consider whether the proposed Neighbourhood Area is appropriate to be designated for the purposes of neighbourhood planning.
Please return your comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post, to:
Planning Policy Team, North Norfolk District Council, Holt Road, Cromer, NR27 9EN
For further information contact 01263 516318.